Holy Trinity Parish (Westfield, NJ)
Director of Communications (part-time approx. 20 hours)
The Communications Director will serve Holy Trinity Parish by developing, managing and delivering a comprehensive and effective communications strategy in collaboration with the Pastor, parish staff, Pastoral and Finance Councils. The Director will further Holy Trinity's mission and vision by promoting its ministries, programs and events to the parish and community at large. This will be done through the use of appropriate media platforms which include, but not limited to, print, websites, social media, digital applications, photographic and video content.
• Serve as the primary strategist and content creator of all Holy Trinity digital and print communication outlets primarily the weekly bulletin
• Update and maintain Holy Trinity Website. Work collaboratively with Pastor, staff and ministries to keep content current
• Update and educate parish leaders in communications opportunities
• Serve as the day-to-day communications contact for parish staff and ministry leaders, regularly interacting with them
• Daily posting of content to social media outlets including parish website, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, lnstagram, etc...
• Report communication progress to Pastoral Council
• Prepare and manage a communications budget
• Plan, create, and implement marketing campaigns and materials as needed to promote Holy Trinity activities as well as Archdiocesan hosted events
• Create flyers, banners, posters, etc., as needed
• Provide online opportunities for participation sign-ups, feedback, comments e-mail updates, more information, etc. (Survey Monkey, Flocknote, Constant Contact)
• Use of website to transmit additional opportunities for catechesis
• Participate in bimonthly staff meetings
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Be an active practicing Catholic with knowledge of Jesus' teachings as expressed through Catholic Tradition
• Outstanding writing ability
• Strong knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms
• Familiarity with Flocknote and Constant Contact is a plus
• Degree/experience in communications, social media management, marketing or journalism preferred
• Complete Protecting God's Children Training and Background Check as mandated by the Archdiocese of Newark
Please submit resumes to Fr. Anthony Randazzo by mail at 315 First Street, Westfield, NJ 07090, deadline of application is May 1, 2018.
Holy Trinity Parish (Westfield, NJ)
Adult Faith Formation Coordinator
The Adult Faith Formation Coordinator will be responsible for parish programs including workshops, scripture study, and invited speakers which will lead and assist the adults of Holy Trinity Parish in attaining a maturity of faith through instruction and formation in Catholic Christian teaching.
- Bachelors/Advanced Degree in Religious Education, Theology, Scripture Studies and/or certifications in these or a related field.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Catholic liturgy.
- Three years of experience in pastoral work
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining a budget
- Active Catholic in good standing, called to this ministry from a sense of vocation; ability to adhere to the Diocesan Code of Ethics, participation in Virtus program (Protecting God’s Children), and all appropriate screening
- Ability to use current social media to reach all adults in all age groups.
- Ability to use or quickly learn all office software including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively with both staff and volunteers
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
Duties and Responsibilities
- Select and evaluate curriculum, design a formation programs and implement a schedule to provide opportunities for adult faith formation.
- Coordinate and invite speakers from various sources for events for the entire parish and to serve existing groups such as Peace and Social Justice, Seniors, etc.
- Assure the recruitment, formation, and evaluation of support personnel (volunteer) necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives of this position.
- Assure all programs are evaluated, soliciting input from staff, participants, and Pastoral Council.
- Attend parish staff meetings, parish leadership meetings and other appropriate parish/diocesan gatherings as the schedule allows. Serve as the parish representative for Adult Faith Formation at the diocesan level.
- Maintain regular office hours, oversee the department budget, organize adult formation resources, supplies, files, and meeting space.
- Prepare annual budget, monitor income and expense, maintain accurate records, purchase resources.
- Would be the staff liaison for the RCIA coordinator and team.
- Pursue professional and personal faith development, maintaining a current level of knowledge and skills and participate in professional and personal growth opportunities as approved.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by pastor.
Working Relationships and General Requirements
- The pastor will supervise this position.
- Will work with the entire staff to coordinate the calendar and use of building space when scheduling events.
- This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, with a fixed annual salary. Evening and weekend hours will be required, as related ministry activities necessitate. The minister is responsible for establishing an appropriate work schedule of office hours, activities and compensatory time off when additional hours have been worked.
- Physical requirements include light physical effort, regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, lift, and perform computer keyboarding. May need to carry/lift items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
St. Paul Church (Ramsey, NJ)
Director of Faith Formation (Religious Education)
St. Paul Church in Ramsey is seeking a full-time Director of Faith Formation (Religious Education) for a large parish in Northwest Bergen County. The program is for children and families through 8th grade (with oversight of 9th-10th grade Confirmation Program). This position is a ministry to 1200 children as well as parents, families, catechists, and with a presence to the entire parish family.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
- Ideal candidate should have an understanding of the catechetical ministry of the Church, be willing to work with what is already here but with a creative eye to lead Faith Formation to something new and exciting through openness to different models and experiences of religious education.
- The ideal candidate is a disciple in love with Christ, a desire to share Him with others, and with a passion for the New Evangelization so that we can catechize those who have been first evangelized rather than attempting to catechize those who have not.
- Candidate must be able to work with two part-time administrative assistants as well as a part-time Confirmation Coordinator, and also as part of a great parish staff that meets weekly for pastoral planning and prayer.
Questions and resumes should be sent to email@example.com.