Administrative Assistant, Office of Vocations
The Administrative Assistant handles all day-to-day operations, including clerical/administrative and budget tasks, and assists in the coordination of all programs for the Vocations Office.
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated fidelity to the teaching of the Catholic Magisterium, attested to by letter of recommendation from Pastor.
- Respect and love for the Catholic Priesthood, a positive individual with a vision for ministry.
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Commitment to always representing the Catholic Church and the Archdiocese of Newark in a professional manner with awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of staff, volunteers, and applicants.
- Strong administrative efficiency, detail-oriented, time management and project management skills
- Ability to organize logistics for programs and events from concept to conclusion.
- Strong and dynamic interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, openness to taking direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong command of the English language, grammar, and professional tone.
- Significant demonstrated proficiency in technology and platforms including but not exclusive to Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Asana, Teams, Canva, MailChimp, Wix, and Zoom.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree or in lieu of an associate degree, certificate from secretarial or business school or the equivalent of 5 plus years office experience.
- Strong understanding and witness of the Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bookkeeping experience
- Experience working in a Church/Ministry setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
To apply, email your resume to Christiane.Mendoza@rcan.org