Associate Director of Development
The Associate Director of Development, under the supervision of the Director of Development, will be an
integral part of the Office of Development and Stewardship for the Archdiocese of Newark. The Associate
Director of Development will serve a key role by assisting with the development of a major gift and planned
giving program. Emphasis will be placed on developing skills and methods to identify, research, engage,
cultivate, and solicit major gifts and planned gifts. The critical success factors of this position include providing
strategic leadership in areas that support the Archdiocese’s development efforts and goals, including the overall
operations, prospect research and management, communications, procedures, and staff development.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and ability to manage confidential and privileged information with discretion.
- Must have excellent project and time management skills.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to diagnose complex problems and identify solutions.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Commitment to an understanding of the mission of the Archdiocese of Newark and Catholic Church.
- Must he highly motivated, proactive, resourceful and adaptable.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Masters degree a plus in a related field such as finance, business, management, marketing.
- Strong understanding of fundraising.
- Five or more years professional work experience; development experience and managing a staff a plus.
- Capital campaign management and/or major gift portfolio management preferred.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record/reliable transportation required as driving is a necessity for visiting assigned parishes.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Full position description: