Digital Media Specialist (Full-Time)
The Digital Media Specialist will support the Office of Communications and the mission of the Archdiocese of Newark by coordinating social and digital media content as an integrated tool for outreach to the Catholic faithful and the public.
- Must be proficient in the tactical use of core social media platforms, most notably Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube; skilled with reporting and performance analytics
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and social media publishing and scheduling tools such as Hootsuite and Tweet Deck.
- Knowledge of cross-platform posting, mobile technologies, social media advertising, etc.
- Experience with video, photography and/or graphic design a plus.
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational and planning skills and a sense of discretion.
- Works well independently and under pressure; works collaboratively with teams and individuals
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend events as needed.
- Strong alignment with the teaching and traditions of the Catholic Church and a sound working knowledge of the Catholic faith and Church hierarchy.
- Knowledge of the Archdiocese of Newark’s geography, demographics, and faith communities is a plus.
- Must maintain a current driver’s license.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Three to five years of professional experience using social media in communications, public relations, or marketing.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Christiane.Mendoza@rcan.org .