Youth & Young Adult Minister – Diocese of Paterson
Notre Dame of Mt Carmel is looking for a Full Time Youth and Young Adult Minister who can continue the journey of renewing our youth ministry following the LifeTeen model.
We are also looking for someone to start a young adult (18-35) ministry that is connected to the vision and mission of Notre Dame.
- Lead our LifeTeen High School Ministry Program, especially our LifeNight;
- Reaching out to those on the peripheries, ready to bring them into a relationship with Christ, spending significant time in the community at high school events such as sports games and recitals;
- Coordinate liturgical responsibilities among adult and teen leaders at the 6:00pm LifeTeen Mass;
- Collaborate with the Director of Music Ministries to incorporate music both at Teen & Young Adult liturgies and events;
- Coordinate ministry services and stewardship opportunities for the youth and young adults of our parish in collaboration with other ministries;
- Maintain and grow a core team of leaders to assist in ministry;
- Plan, organize, market, and fundraise for retreats, camps, and trips;
- Communicate regularly with parishioners through a variety of mediums;
- Ensure a safe environment is always maintained at any youth event;
- Work with our Special Needs Youth Ministry group and find ways to engage them into the broader life of the parish;
- Create and develop a parish Young Adult Ministry, based around a teamwork model, reaching out to young adults in the community;
- Establish and maintain relationships with local college students through campus ministries;
- Recruit and train team members and peer ministers, including the organization and moderation of a parish youth council;
- Develop and maintain a budget in collaboration with the Pastor;
- Participate at monthly Staff Meetings and maintain office hours to be a liaison to staff regarding youth and young adult ministry;
- Assist Pastor and Parochial Vicar in other parish wide activities, especially in relationship to youth and young adult involvement.
- Be a joyful and generous disciple of Jesus Christ, with a passion for making disciples and accompanying young people in their journey with the Lord;
- Be an active Catholic in good standing with the Church, well formed in theology and Church teaching;
- A genuine love and concern for young people;
- Be an effective communicator and team player, willing to demonstrate creativity in problem solving and promoting the mission of the parish;
- A self-starter with high energy who is willing to engage and participate in parish life with a collaborative spirit;
- Values confidentiality while respecting mandatory reporting;
- Values accountability of time, talent, and treasure.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in theology, youth ministry, religious education, communication or a related field;
- Experience working with young people in a ministry context either professionally or as a missionary or volunteer;
- Knowledge of social media and applications used by young people is essential, proficiency in such applications would be a plus;
- Creative ability in producing and publishing multimedia content through software such as Final Cut Pro, Publisher, Adobe Suite;
- Be familiar with LifeTeen and its method of formation for high school youth.
To apply, please submit at least 2 references along with your resume to: