Entrenamiento de Lectores - En línea
Lector Workshop in Spanish - Online
Sábado, 15 de mayo 2021 - 9:00am-12:20pm
Un taller para entrenar o renovar a aquellas personas que sirven en el ministerio como lectores. Entre los temas a tratar tenemos: la importancia de las Escrituras, hablar en público y prácticas litúrgicas para Lectores.
LAS ESCRITURAS Y LA LITURGIA
FUNCIÓN DEL LECTOR
HABLAR EN PÚBLICO
Blessed Miriam Teresa Demjanovich
Introduction & Collect are available here.
Transfer of the Ascension of the Lord
Updated May 5, 2021
Cardinal Tobin in consultation with the other bishops of New Jersey, has decreed that the Solemnity of the Ascension of the Lord is transferred from Thursday, May 13, 2021 to Sunday, May 16, 2021, replacing the Seventh Sunday of Easter.
Please note that this transferal is in effect only for the current liturgical year.
Official Decree is available here.
Website & Bulletin Announcement is available here.
Reflection on the Ascension of the Lord 2021 is available here.
Guidelines for 2021 Celebrations of Confirmation
Updated April 20, 2021
Cardinal Tobin has granted delegation to all pastors and administrators to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation for children baptized in infancy and to pastors, administrators and chaplains to confirm adult (18+) baptized Catholics. These delegations extend through December 31, 2021.
The the specifics of these delegations and the Guidelines for 2021 Celebrations of Confirmation are available here.
Use of Holy Water Update
Updated March 29,2021
- Holy water may not be kept in baptismal fonts or receptacles at the doors of the church. Large holy water dispensers, where individuals can fill containers are permitted.
- Small containers of holy water may be blessed and distributed as appropriate.
- A fresh supply of water should be blessed and used for each baptismal ceremony.
- The water may be blessed in pitcher(s) and poured over each person to be baptized. The water should never be reused and should be removed after the ceremony.
- The Rite of Blessing and Sprinkling of Water may be used instead of the Penitential Act as a reminder of baptism.
- In places where a sprinkling is desired, fresh water must be blessed each time and reverently disposed of after each liturgy.
Holy Week 2021
2021 Holy Week Questions & Answers (Please read the directives first)
Sacramentals Update: Palm Sunday, Ash Wednesday, and Memorial of Saint Blaise
Following are guidelines for the Memorial of Saint Blaise blessing of throats, Ash Wednesday distribution of ashes, and the distribution of palms on Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion. They still require wearing masks and social distancing by presiders, ministers and recipients, as stated in all of our diocesan directives. Also included are updates on the use of Holy Water. READ THE UPDATE
Music during the Pandemic
Mass for Various Needs and Occasions 'In Time of Pandemic'
The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments has issued new texts for a Mass for Various Needs and Occasions "In Time of Pandemic". "This Mass can be celebrated, according to the rubrics given for Masses and Prayers for Various Needs and Occasions, on any day except Solemnities, the Sundays of Advent, Lent, and Easter, days within the Octave of Easter, the Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed (All Souls’ Day), Ash Wednesday and the days of Holy Week."
Year of Saint Joseph
Daily Gospel Readings