"Jesus teaches us that the Good News, which He brings, is not reserved to one part of humanity, it is to be communicated to everyone." -Pope Francis, Angelus, January, 26, 2014
The Office for Evangelization (OFE) exists to share the good news of Jesus Christ with all people. We guide, support, and train others to see all faith efforts through the lens of evangelization.
One of our main goals is to align all efforts in the Archdiocese with the goals of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' document: "Go and Make Disciples: A National Plan and Strategy for Catholic Evangelization in the United States".
We help parishes become evangelizing parishes, shifting from a maintenance to mission program by engaging in these four critical areas: Hospitality; an Encounter with Christ; Growth in the Faith; and Missionary Discipleship.
School of Evangelization: Bringing Missionary Discipleship to Life
We are pleased to announce a new initiative of the Office for Evangelization/School of Evangelization. We are calling it “E-tools that Work” with the E standing for Evangelization. It will be an occasional series of practical, informative, and interactive opportunities regarding various tools that can be helpful in the work of parish renewal and evangelization. We hope to offer this several times throughout the year at various locations throughout the Archdiocese.
Parish Partnership and the New Evangelization: We assist parishes in their desire to effectively engage in the New Evangelization
* Assist parishes in assessment of their needs in the area of mission and evangelization;
* Determine ways to integrate evangelization into every aspect of parish life;
* Form and train evangelizers;
* Offer short-term review loans of effective programs;
* Offer deanery, parish, and council presentation;
* Offer evangelization seminars;
* Show how to use social media to engage and evangelize;
* Empower and encourage ecclesial movements throughout the Archdiocese;
* Offer innovative outreach models such as Souls for Faith Running Team.