Sign up to receive email updates from the Respect Life Office
Family and Pro-Life News Briefs
Each month, the latest issue of Family & Pro Life News Briefs for Catholics can be found here. The newsletters are edited by Frank Tinari, Ph,D, Prof. Emeritus, Seton Hall University. Each issue focuses on news stories and events that deal with life issues, such as abortion, suicide stem cell research and many others.
Through this ministry, people who experience same-sex attraction receive pastoral support through spiritual guidance, community prayer support and fellowship.
Our Archdiocesan contact is Deacon Vincent DeFedele. A confidential voice message can be left for him at: 201-220-3968 or to email@example.com. Our Archdiocesan Chaplain is Rev. Msgr. Timothy J. Shugrue in St Michael’s Church Cranford NJ at 908-276-0360.
Equal Rights for Babies in the Womb
The goal of this organization is to ban abortion in New Jersey past 20 weeks (post-fertilization) by passing A-2228/S-429, the “Pain-Capable Child Protection Act.”
Some of the ways you can get involved include:
1. Raising awareness with car magnets.
2. Prayer Project
3. Contact your state senator and ask them to support A-2228/S-429, the “Pain Capable Child Protection Act.”
4. March with supporters of Equal Rights for Babies in the Womb.
- Rachel’s Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer a supportive, confidential and non-judgemental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. We will be offering a retreat on the following weekends:
For more information on Rachel’s Vineyard, click here: Welcome to Rachel’s Vineyard: a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. (rachelsvineyard.org)
Are you in need of healing for the pain from abortion?
You are not alone.
We’re here for you 24/7.
Hope After Abortion Video
We are proud to share this beautiful video written by Dan Young. His faith and love for God are readily apparent. Thank you Dan for making this video.
The pain of abortion never goes away. When we allow ourselves to name and grieve our babies we give them the dignity they deserve.
If you or someone you know is suffering from the affects of abortion. There is hope and healing.
If you or someone you know is a survivor abuse, help is available. Several programs exist to provide hope and healing:
- Grief to Grace is a retreat program that helps those who have endured physical, sexual and or spiritual abuse find healing. Grief to Grace has served thousands across the country and world since 2005. More information about the retreats can be found here: Grief to Grace
- The Way is a free,3-day guided meditation and prayer program for men and women who have been abused. It is an opportunity for healing and for survivors to reflect on God’s plan for their lives. For more information visit, www.adw.org/the-way-retreat/
As Catholics, we respect all life from conception to natural death. End of life issues, such as the proper treatment of the sick, living wills, advanced healthcare directives, and capital punishment are a source for much discussion. When dealing with these issues and others, clear and sensitive direction is needed. In this section, you’ll find some documents and resources which highlight these topics:
Living Wills (Advanced Healthcare Directives)
Advanced Directives are legal documents that come into effect when an individal becomes incapacitated and can no longer make medical decisions for themselves. There are various forms these directives can take including power of attorney for health care, health care proxy, a living will, medical orders and more. Be sure to read the following statement shared by the New Jersey Catholic Conference:
For more information about Catholic Advanced Directives call the Respect Life office at (973)-497-4350 for a copy.
Click here to read the statement shared by the Catholic Bishops of New Jersey:
Cheryl A. Riley
Associate Director, Mercy House Logistics
Associate Director, Respect Life
Mercy House Coordinator
Mercy House Coordinator
Fr. Jim Weiner