Office for Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Youth Ministry Leader Resources
In an effort to help our parishes navigate Youth Ministry in this ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we have assembled an UPDATED copy of “Accompanying Young People During Covid-19”, a resource guide for parishes carrying out Youth Ministry for the Fall of 2021. This resource was first distrubuted in the Fall of 2020.
Download your copy by clicking the button below. Copies of the the Appendix Documents are listed below. Spanish Translations of the Permission Slips are below as well.
- Documents from the 2021 UPDATED “Accompanying Young People During Covid-19”
- Appendix A – Sample Time Schedules
- Appendix B – Archdiocesan Guidelines for usage of Zoom, etc
- Appendix C – Internet Safety Tips for Youth Ministry Leaders
- Appendix D (PDF) – Consent for Social Media and Other Platforms
- Appendix D (WORD) Consent for Social Media and Other Platforms
- Appendix E (PDF) – Checklist for Young Person for Before Coming To a Meeting
- Appendix E (WORD) Checklist for Young Person for Before Coming To a Meeting
- Appendix F (PDF) – Covid-19 Rider- Participant
- Appendix F (WORD) Covid-19 Rider – Participant
- Appendix G (PDF) – Covid-19 Rider Volunteer
- Appendix G (WORD) Covid-19 Rider Volunteer
- Appendix H (PDF) Sample Notification Letter – Positve Case
- Appendix H (WORD) Sample Notification Letter – Positive Case
- Appendix I (PDF) Sample Notification Letter – Close Contact
- Appendix I (WORD) Sample Notification Letter – Close Contact
The Office for Youth & Young Adult Ministry will continue to take direction from Cardinal Tobin as to the daily operations of our Office and the St. John Paul II Youth Retreat Center.
National Federation for Catholic Youtn Ministry (NFCYM) COVID-19 Resource page | Página de Recursos por NFCYM
Resource Page that contains resources on ministering to young people, prayer, supporting parents and more!
The United States Catholic Conference of Bishops
Statements and information from the USCCB
A page full of reources from the USCCB
CDC Guidance to Faith Based Organizations
The Center for Disease Control has issued guidance to Faith and Community Based Centers to aid you in implementing best practices
State of NJ Official Covid19 Information Hub
Live upates from the Governors Office and information on restrictions and more
O Mary, you always shine on our path as a sign of salvation and of hope. We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick, who at the cross took part in Jesus’ pain, keeping your faith firm.
You, Salvation of the Roman People, know what we need, and we are sure you will provide,
so that, as in Cana of Galilee, we may return to joy and to feasting after this time of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love, to conform to the will of the Father and to do as we are told by Jesus, who has taken upon himself our sufferings and carried our sorrows to lead us, through the cross to the joy of the resurrection. Amen.
Under your protection, we seek refuge, Holy Mother of God. Do not disdain the entreaties of we who are in trail, but deliver us from every danger, O glorious and blessed Virgin.
- “Restoring Hope” is a four-part webinar series focusing on the pastoral care of young people and families in these uncertain times. This series will help ministry leaders understand their role in providing pastoral care and accompanying young people and their families through the numerous life stressors, mental and physical health issues and the rising anxieties that have arisen in this year of COVID.Click Here to Learn More and RegisterRestoring Hope – Session 1: A Pastoral Examination of the Mental Health Impact Upon Teens and Families in 2020
Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 2:00 PM ETRestoring Hope – Session 2: Teens and Chemicals – A Concerning Combination
Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 2:00 PM ETRestoring Hope – Session 3: The Hidden Cries of Young People
Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 2:00 PM ETRestoring Hope – Session 4: Mental Wellness Resources for Ministry Leaders
Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 2:00 PM ET
- Stay up to date with many of the Free Webinars being offered during this time National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry Webinar Page
View past Crisis Webinars and discussion for the Covid-19 Pandemic & sign up for new ones!
From Cardinal Tobin
Five Reasons We Turn to Mary in Times of Crisis
5 Razones Por Las Que Acudimos a María en Tiempos de Crisis
Spiritual Closeness in a Time of Social Distancing
Cercanía Espiritual en un Tiempo de Distanciamiento Social
Life as we knew it changed in an instant. Youth and adults are trying to cope with these sudden changes, everyone in their own unique way. Talking about our feelings doesn’t have to be difficult.
Link to Video .. “Lets Talk… Processing Feelings”
Discussion Guide: Let’s talk…Processing Feelings
Helping Youth Cope – Delay of Sacraments and More
Celebrating From a Safe Distance
Social Distancing Heightens Loneliness in Young People
The Springtide Institute recently did a survey that showed social distancing “provokes fear and uncertainty, leading to increased levels of isolation, loneliness, and anxiety”. To read more about how trusted adults should be reaching out to young people, visit the article here.
National Alliance on Mental Illness
NAMI has put together on their website resources pertaining to mental illness in light of the Covid pandemic
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Resources from the Traumatic Loss Coalition (TLC) For Youth
How TLC Can Help
Crisis/ Pastoral Care
Article on Looking to find a Therapist during the Covid-19 pandemic
Ministry to Parents Article
Article on Keeping Your Family Safe Online
Lifeteen’s “Unthinkable” Booklet
A guide to crisis response and pastoral care.
Less pizza, more phone calls; Youth Ministry after Covid -19
An interesting article
For Clergy and Religious
Saint Luke Institute (SLI) has created a new National Helpline for Clergy and Religious.
Additionally, SLI is creating new weekly videos, and making available (free of charge) resources from our extensive library to assist clergy, religious, and lay people manage the stress and anxiety related to the Covid-10 pandemic from both a mental and spiritual health perspective
Learn more here in their press release
Graduation and Milestones in light of Covid -19
“Reinventing Graduation” … ways to reinvision Graduation during a pandemic
“Cancelled Proms and Graduations” … a Lifeteen Blog Post meant for Teens
“Celebrating Milestones” a resource from NFCYM